There’s no denying that I am a bit of a makeup addict and it’s safe to say my list of high-end beauty products, that I would love to try, is pretty long. Every so often I will treat myself to something high-end in the beauty department and there are a few things I have had my eye on. Today, I am sharing my top 10 beauty products wishlist for 2017.
1. Guerlain L’Or Pure Radiance Face Primer Ever since Tati from GlamLifeGuru raved about this luxury primer in one of her videos I have been lusting over it. I really cannot justify the $81 price, however, I have almost $170 in Optimum Points at Shoppers Drug Mart, so I am definitely going to redeem some of my points for this. The gel formula is infused with 24-carat gold, which helps the skin retain moisture. It acts as a skin enhancer to help smooth fine lines and tighten the skin leaving you with the perfect base before applying makeup.
2. Urban Decay Self-Adjusting Complexion Primer This is a new release by Urban Decay and as soon as I read the description for this I was super intrigued. I love colour-correcting products and this velvety primer contains encapsulated pigments that adjust to your skin tone and it helps fill in fine lines, minimize pores and control shine. Though this seems to be getting mixed reviews, I am still drawn to try this. People have said this left them looking orange, but I think that could be from over blending, as it clearly states the longer you blend the more pigment that will be released.
3. NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base One thing I want to do this year is to practice and experiment with eye shadow more, as it is definitely not my strong suit. I am a firm believer in using a primer before makeup application and I have always heard great things about this one. Ingredients like sea whip and rice extract help this product dry on contact and leaves you with a smooth base for applying eye shadow. On top of this, it promises to maximize your eye shadow colour, extend its wear time and prevent creasing and smudging.
4. bareMinerals bareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer in ‘Light’ I love bareMinerals as a brand and I have swatched this concealer numerous times in Sephora and love the way this feels on the skin. That and seeing the amount of bloggers who have raved about this concealer, has put it high up on my list to try. The serum formula gives this an ultra-light texture, but it also offers complete coverage to mask any discolouration and imperfections. It also helps counteract dark shadows thanks to lilac plant stem cells and high-definition mineral optics (I love mineral makeup), giving your skin a brightened and flawless finish.
5. bareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo As I am nearing the end of my much loved NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder, I am thinking of replacing it with this duo. These two baked translucent powders work together to give you a shine-free and illuminated complexion. The Matte powder absorbs oil and sets your makeup, while Glow—which is infused with rose gold pearls—highlights your features and gives your complexion a luminous glow. Since it’s a duo, I think this would especially be an excellent product for traveling.
6. tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in ‘Exposed’ I feel like everyone and their mother have raved about this long-wearing blush, but I have yet to try it and that needs to change. I had a mini of the tarte Cheek Stain in the shade ‘Muse’, which I was obsessed with, but it was unfortunately a limited-edition shade. Luckily, ‘Exposed’ seems like its powder counterpart. This blush is a beautiful nude that seems to be universally flattering and the shade not only gives you a natural flush of colour, but also sculpts the face as well. To be honest though, all the shades in this range look amazing.
7. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in ‘Soft & Gentle’ Another product that I have yet to try is this cult classic. As I have mentioned, my skin gets on really well with mineral makeup and this one contains a 77-mineral complex, plus vitamin E. This shade is a stunning gilded peach bronze shade, which you can use as a highlighter or dust a little all over for a luminous and radiant glow. This pretty shade seems like it would be really perfect for when I have a bit of a tan.
8. Too Faced Chocolate Brow-nie Cocoa Powder Brow Pencil in ‘Taupe’ Is it sad that as soon as I saw that this brow pencil smelt like chocolate I was sold? This new release from Too Faced seems to only be available on the HSN website right now, but you better believe as soon as this is at Sephora I will be swooping down and picking this up. I am in need of a brow pencil and I love that this one is retractable and comes with a spoolie on the opposite end. The pencil is also angled, which I find gives you more precision and makes it easier to apply.
9. Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector in ‘Rose’ Every year I say I am finally going to try these and every year I fail to do so (I blame the fact that Clarins makeup isn’t sold at Sephora aka my go-to place for high-end beauty). This hydrating balm helps heal dry and cracked lips, whilst giving them a sheer wash of colour. It has a glossy finish and the ‘Rose’ shade seems like the perfect everyday balm to always have in my bag. Also, the fact these smell like vanilla is just an added bonus.
10. MAC Lipstick in ‘Shy Girl’ And last, but not least, I am itching to add another MAC lipstick to my collection. There are a ton of shades I would love to own, but the one in particular I am leaning towards is ‘Shy Girl’. It is a beautiful neutral coral beige shade and I do not own anything like it. It’s a cremesheen meaning it is super creamy on the lips and hydrating and though it is glossy, it is not completely sheer in colour. I could see myself wearing this shade all throughout the summertime.
Have you tried any on this list? What beauty products are on your wishlist for 2017?